Tuesday, March 11, 2014

#65 Feeling the Wind of the Spirit

C. Peter Wagner shares with us: "A few months ago, Doris and I were making a trip to England to do a pastors' seminar.

Just before we left, one of our prayer partners, Dave Romph, who is a research engineer at our local Xerox branch, said he sensed that the Lord was arranging something special in England with Roger Forster, whom I had never met personally.

My assigned ministry in England had nothing directly to do with Roger or the Ichthus movement he leads.

Bobbye Byerly also phoned with prophetic word she had received, and which I asked her to write out for me.

In part it said, 'Feel the wind of My Spirit. I am lifting you higher and higher. You need no effort on your part for My wind will lift you. Greater days are ahead. Far more than you can yet see are My plans for you.'

Sure enough, the trip to England became a milestone in our ministry. Not so much because of my scheduled pastors' seminar, but because of an unplanned meeting with Roger Forster and Gerald Coates, two of the leaders of the March for Jesus movement.

In that meeting, God began to give direction to Doris and me to take leadership of what we now call 'A Day to Change the World' on June 25, 1994, in connection with the United Prayer Track of the S.D. 2000 Movement, which we also coordinate.

The plans developing for this are far more than we could see before we went to England.

It could turn out to be the largest prayer meeting in Christian history.

Here were two 1-2 intercessors who were so tuned in to our ministry and God's plans for us that God used them and their prayers (as well as the prayers of others) to move us into an incredibly exciting and potentially awesome new area of service for God's Kingdom.

[Peter goes on to relate an experience while teaching at Fuller, that he felt so weak and unable to teach as he usually did. By Wednesday, he felt the burden had lifted and he could relax and think clearly and creatively for the first time since Saturday.]

Soon afterward three of our 1-2 intercessors, Mary Wernle, Cindy Jacobs and Joanna McClure, approached me one at a time and said, 'What happened last Wednesday? Why did I feel you needed special prayer for that day?'

When I told them, we rejoiced together that God had coupled us in ministry and that the answers to prayer were so tangible."


#65  Feeling the Wind of the Spirit, 
in the series taken from C. Peter 
Wagner’s book, PRAYER SHIELD
How to intercede for pastors, Christian
leaders and others on the spiritual 
frontlines.(pgs. 129,130) by Regal Books


(I, Jean), am glad to be back from helping to care for my new granddaughter, Savanah, in Catskill, NY! I will put pictures on my Face Book page soon.)


Let’s pray:

   Father, As we are learning about the importance of our praying for our leaders, may we realize that You actually wait for us to ask for their enrichment of ministry.

   I want to be a faithful supporter of my leaders, and I ask for Your drawing me into times of intercessory prayer for them.

   I ask this in the Holy Name of Jesus. Amen.

Today’s Bible verse: Job 23:10 "But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold."

Today’s quotes: Justus Martin – “We have the promise of compassion from God. He is stretching us to have compassion for hurting people. If we don’t have compassion for them, we’ll not know the next step we are to do to help them.”

Jen McDonald Van Allen - "Without my daily time with my Lord, 
I get weak, tend to stray, get dis-interested in things of God. My 
daily time gives me the strength to carry on, it gives me words of 
encouragement. Admonishment...life. It's my life- line, and 
without it, I'm not living."

Tracey Heigh - "It is our responsibility to build God's Presence 
through our prayers and praise."

Some thoughts today:  The message of the Cross is that you cannot attain favor with God, but by receiving Jesus as Savior.

- You are not defined (Identified) by your past. 1 Cor. 5:1 In Christ, we have a new position (identification). John 1:9 

13th- Thursday’s post:  #66  1-1 Intercession  C. Peter Wagner

15th- Saturday's post:  One Grasp  Barb Suiter

16th- Sunday's post:  Wealth of Words  Diana Derringer

   Sunday evening's post: Why I Love Jesus Mary Carothers

A popular post:  Expect Great Things!  Dennis Fisher "The list 
of heroes of the faith has grown through the ages, and we can 
be a part of that list. Because of God's power and faithfulness, 
we can attempt great things for God and expect great things 
from God."
 
We're waiting and expecting...
as this is coming again!
Snow will be gone soon.

jowildflowers@gmail.com (for comments)

AuthorsDen.com
Where authors and readers come together!

Wisdom for Brides (Christian Marriage, Counseling,
& Help) (Volume 1)

Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse  
Kindle $2.99 A review would be appreciated.

Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse
My book in paperback
 $9.45

No comments:

Post a Comment