Sunday, April 6, 2014

Tears to Joy



Tammie Johnson shares with us,

"My tears fall like rain.
My heart aches with pain.
I feel for all the addicts I see.
Thank the Lord, God is with me.

As an addict, I let the addictions rule over me and control me.

They were destroying my life until I met Jesus, my Lord and Savior.



The Lord is setting me free and putting the shattered pieces of my life back together.




How He does it, I don't know. But my happiness and joy continue to grow.

I'm happy now, my life is coming together.

I don't need to worry about losing everything anymore.

I can take my face up out of the dirt.

I can come off of rock bottom, and stand securely on The Rock, Jesus Christ!

God took all my hurt. Praise God He is alive, and so am I!

I no longer have to cry about my past.

My children had been taken by the streets. My marriages were destroyed; I lost all my family, job, friends, and my house, and a lot more.

But now I have most everything back, and what I don't, I pray for every day, because the Lord God will have His way.

As God is
 bigger than any problem or addiction, and I thank Him every day that He is in the process of setting me completely free!


Addicts don't have to stay in the gutter. 



I suggest that you look up to God and say the following with me:


'God, I am a sinner, I am sorry for all I have done. 

Please come and live inside of me forever, and rule my life.

Please help keep me on a straight path,  doing Your will for me.

Thank You, Lord Jesus.'


I promise you, that you will never be alone again. 

God will always be there to hold you up. Ask Him, as there's no better way.

I love you all as sisters or brothers in Christ. Be of good cheer, and fear not. God is with you!

Attend a Bible-preaching church, where you'll get the support and love you'll need to walk with Christ and continue the joy He's given you.

God will meet you there and you'll never be the same again, as you'll hear God's Word preached, and grow in His grace to overcome every challenge that comes your way.

I will be praying for you!"

(Permission given by Tammie Johnson)   

Another post by Tammie: Brokenhearted

Let’s pray:

   Father, whether we can actually relate to Tammie or not, may we understand where she's coming from, as well as others like her.

   Our hearts go out to folks who have been deeply damaged in various ways, and we ask for grace to show them love, no matter what their background may be.

   Help me be gracious to those who aren't "like me", and may I begin to relate to them in ways that honor You, and to draw them by Your Spirit, which is within me.

   I ask this in the Holy Name of Jesus. Amen.

 Tammie's prayer: Dear Lord, I have been through a lot in my life. And now looking back, I've noticed, Lord, You have always been there, even in my darkest hours. And for that I want to thank You.

You, Lord, have kept me safe when I was in danger. And for that I want to thank You. 

When I was sad and felt alone , not sure what way would lead me home, You would cradle me in Your arms of love. You would lift me up with Your power of grace, out of the pain of dark despair. And for that, Lord, I want to thank You. 

When I was broken and beyond repair, You, Lord, put me together again, and for that, Lord, I want to thank You.

When  my hopes and dreams were shattered, and rejection was all around me, You Lord, came and comforted me. And for that Lord, I want to thank You. 

When I was alone in the darkest night, You, Lord, came and turned on Your light. And for that, Lord, I want to thank You. 

I love you, Lord with all my heart. You gave me a brand new start. With love and mercy to see me through, truth and grace to start anew. And for that, Lord, I want to thank You.   

For keeping me safe and warm, and sheltering me through the storms, I want to thank You, Lord. 

I want to thank You, Lord, for all you have done!

Lord Jesus, thank You. 

Today’s Bible verse:  Is. 42:9 "Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them"

Today’s quote: Michael Brooks – “Will your beliefs lead to death or eternal life? How do you know? I know my faith and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ will save me and I will inherit everlasting life. How do I know? Because I trust God. Can God be trusted with your life? This is the biggest question you will ever have to answer -- it is the only one with eternal consequences. What is your answer? Is it Jesus?”

Some thoughts today: We do not earn God's blessing. It's God's chosen way to receive blessing; by being His child, and through our obedience to His will and Word.

- If you want joy in your life, draw it from God's well of salvation in Christ Jesus!

- Our basic desire is to make a name for ourselves. God desires that our identity be in Him, and that we honor Jesus' name in our "world" we live in, to make His name great!


8th- Tuesday’s post:  #73  Recruiting Short-Term Pray-ers  C. Peter Wagner

10th- Thursday's post:  #74  Recruiting 1-3 Intercessors  C. Peter Wagner

12th- Saturday's post:  Lessons from My Dog  Judy Doyle

13th- Sunday's post:  It's All About Jesus  Michael Brooks


A popular post: Master Designer   Mary Southerland - "We no longer bought furniture. Jered simply built it. Looking back, I did not realize that those crayon blueprints and plastic tools would pave the way for our son’s career."

 
Promised new life!



jowildflowers@gmail.com (for comments)

AuthorsDen.com
Where authors and readers come together!

Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse  
Kindle $2.99 A review would be appreciated.
Bridal Shower Devotional: Bridal Wisdom for Women

Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse 
My book in paperback $7.95 (Check out the
Reviews on the Kindle page of my book)

Wisdom for Brides (Christian Marriage,
Counseling, & Help) (Volume 1)










1 comment: