Tuesday, October 7, 2014

#5 Strategic-level Spiritual Warfare

C. Peter Wagner tells us: Here we contend with an even ominous concentration of demonic power: territorial spirits.

   In Ephesians Paul writes,


   "We do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against

    principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the
    darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness
    in the heavenly places" (Eph. 6:12).

   Nothing in this verse itself indicates that one or more of these categories would necessarily fit the description of territorial spirits, but many, including myself, feel it is highly probable. (I will discuss this issue later in the book.)


   A clear biblical account of strategic-level spiritual warfare is found in Revelation 12 where we are told,


    "War broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought 

    against the dragon' and the dragon and his angels fought: 
     (Rev. 12:7).

   This is something quite different from dealing with the occult or casting out a demon of lust.


   Undoubtedly, the single-level spiritual warfare among American Christians was the publication of Frank Peretti's two novels, 


This Present Darkness and Piercing the Darkness (Crossway Books).

   Many Christians who had scarcely given thought to the possibility that events shaping human society could have a relationship to struggles among powerful super-natural beings are now openly talking about the likelihood.

   In fact, even though they know better, many
 find themselves reading 
This Present Darkness as a documentary rather than as somewhat fanciful fiction.



#5 Strategic-level Warfare
By C. Peter Wagner

(pgs. 18, 19) Regal Books





(I, Jean, have read the two above mentioned books, and do recommend them to my readers. They helped me understand better what our battle really is.)

Let’s pray: 

   Father, we see there is so much to learn about effective praying.
   I desire to be instructed more in what's going on around me in battles unseen.

   As I read Wagner's posts, may I understand where he's coming from, and what it is he tries to reveal to us.
   May the books he recommends be of help to us, to understand what our part in all of this is.
   In the Name of Jesus, I pray. Amen.


Prayer for your pastor: 

Focus: "Father, Keep my pastor from pride and self-pity. Allow _________ to glory only in the cross, and let it be his/her reason for ministry (Gal. 6:14). (Scripture-Based Prayers to Pray for your Pastor by Terry Teykl)
Let's support our pastors!

Today’s Bible verse: 


(Matt. 12:43-45) "When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. (v 44) Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. (v 45) Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there; and the last state of that man is worse than the first. even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation."

Today’s quote:
Max Lucado tells us, "I choose gentleness...Nothing is won by force. I choose to be gentle. If I raise my voice may it be only in praise. If I clench my fist, may it be only in prayer. If I make a demand, may it be only of myself."

Some thoughts today:

- Do we show fruits of the Spirit of God to others? The genuine love of Christ needs to be shown, or our faith isn't real. (This is the "work" of our salvation).

- Remember, God loves ornery people where they are. When you're filled with God's love, His love comes through you to them.

- God's love of compassion pursued us when we were yet in our sin.


Upcoming posts:

9th- Thursday’s post:  #6 The Focus of WARFARE PRAYER
C. Peter Wagner
11th- Saturday's post:  Step Up
Dave Branon
12th- Sunday's post:  No Regrets
Debbie McEwen
14th- Tuesday's post:  #7 Evicting the Ruler of Adrogue'
C. Peter Wagner 

A popular post: 
 The Revival of Hereford Texas


  C. Peter Wagner shares from his book, PRAYER SHIELD, "One of the first real life experiences of the power of personal intercession I heard came from my friend Larry Lea.

[Be sure to check out Peter's post, and find out how two Methodist ladies made all the difference in his friend's ministry, after he felt like a failure at a conference where he was speaking!]

Let's support our pastors!



Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse  



Wisdom for Brides (Christian
Marriage, Counseling, & Help) 

No comments:

Post a Comment