Sunday, August 2, 2015

Come Away, My Beloved




Lisa Buffaloe: You whisper in my heart… Come away, my beloved.

My heart moans with longing, and I tear myself from the shackles and constraints placed on myself. And I come into Your presence where You wait with open arms. Your Holy Spirit envelopes, breathes, and rains on my thirsty soul.

lisabuffaloe.com
                              (Photo from her blog post Kneel Power)

   And I try so hard, so very hard, to block the noises of the day and the things that keep me from Your side. Possessions and busyness can become chains that keep me from flying to Your presence.

   Father, I’m so tired of waiting and I so want to be brave and strong. I so want to trust You. I do trust You, but I guess my anxiousness and worry says otherwise. And I’m so sorry. I long to do Your will. I want to wait well. 

   Your words beckon again… Come away and rest.

   Oh Heavenly Father, muffle the sounds from within and without. Shield my soul from what drives me away from You. Nothing on earth, no one on earth, no possession, title, or accomplishment, no place can replace You. Whom have I in heaven and on earth besides You?

   I love You, Father. Forever. Take my mind, body, heart, soul, and strength. I give my all to You. I will come away with You.

   And Jesus said to them, “Come away by yourselves to a secluded place and rest a while.” Mark 6:31


lisabuffaloe.com  Lisa Buffaloe

(Used by permission)


Times alone with God...
(Google image)

Today's Bible Verses:

(Joel 2:29)
"And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit."

(Matthew 6:9-10) “Pray, then, in this way: ‘Our Father who is in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done, On earth as it is in heaven.’” 

(1 Thess 5:16-18)“Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus” 

Today's quotes:

- St. Augustine - “In my deepest wound, I saw Your glory and it dazzled me."

- Walter Wink “Intercessory prayer is spiritual defiance of what is in the name of what God has promised. Intercession visualizes an alternative future to the one apparently fated by the momentum of current forces. Prayer infuses the air of a time yet to be into the suffocating atmosphere of the present…History belongs to intercessors who believe the future into being.” (The Powers that Be by Walter Wink, page 185) 

Some thoughts today:

- Look for what you can rejoice in: Look for what God is doing!

- Find ways to rejoice with others. If you don't have what they've received, rejoice with them anyway! That's where the blessing is.

                        
4th- Tuesday’s post:  #83  What Really Happened?
C. Peter Wagner
5th- Wednesday's post:  #84  The Visible and the Invisible
C. Peter Wagner
6th- Thursday's post:  It's Time for a Good Cleaning
Gwen Smith
9th- Sunday evening's post:  When God Anointed Men of Old
Lee Forbes


A popular post:   Christ Heals the Hurting
 
             by James H. Cagle 

"The blade was not of Damascus steel,
Nor was the stone made of granite;
But still the blade wounded very deep,
As the stone, by the hand that threw it..."





2 comments:

  1. This is an excellent blog! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy. May the Lord bless your efforts for the kingdom, my friend.

      Delete