Sunday, September 6, 2015

Come, Loving Father






Debbie McEwen shares
with us:

Come, Loving Father

I sit here and wait for You to come
I welcome You into my heart and soul
I ask You to fill my being
I long for Your heavenly presence
I am empty
And You fill me up
I am insignificant
You are my everything
For many years, my heart had longed for You
I didn't know what I was seeking until I found You
Now my whole being knows that I need Your presence every day
I need Your wisdom
I need Your love
I need Your grace, Your mercy
I have humbly repented my many sins and asked Your forgiveness
As my loving Father, my Abba, 
I know that You have forgiven me 
And welcomed me back into Your loving arms
I need Your essence to be complete 
With You, I am as I was meant to be
My whole being rejoices when You are with me
You are the lover of my soul who makes me whole 
Thank You, loving Father for always being so accessible
Always being so present in my life
You have all of creation to attend to
And yet I matter, everything about me is important to You 
You are too wonderful for words
You dearly love all Your children
You made all of us in Your image and likeness
And we are all so precious to You 
You are always present and available for each of Your children
We only have to ask You, our Loving Father and You come to us
Blessed, blessed be Your most holy name

By Debbie McEwen @2015













    Father, in times of discouragement, may I remember Who I need to run to for help, to bring me out to victory over my thoughts that bog me down.
    As I read the following Scriptures, give renewed hope and confidence in You, and may I read them out loud now, so my mind hears them: 

 "Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song: he also is become my salvation." Is. 12:2

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Matt. 11:28 

 "Trust in the LORD, with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding." Prov. 3:5

     Father, thank You for these encouragements, may I know for sure that You're aware of even my very thoughts and desires...

"I know the things that come into your mind, every one of them." Ez. 11:5 b 


    It believe I am Your child, so in times like this, please wrap Your arms around me with Your Love.
    I ask this in the precious Name of Jesus. Amen.


Today’s quote: Dr. Charles F. Stanley - "Communion with God made King David 'fully satisfied as with the rightest of foods' (Ps. 63:5 NIV). And Paul viewed his own accomplishments as nothing in comparison with 'the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus' (Phil. 3:8). Draw near to God, and experience the blessings of knowing him." (Taken from In Touch, a daily devotional, July 2015, p.36. 

Some thoughts today:  The moment we are saved, we begin our journey of faith. There will be some discomfort, when we decide to separate ourselves from friends who try to influence us away from God's will for us.

- If we're faithful in time spent with God, we'll be urged to take action steps. We all have a commission to serve, as contributing members in the Body of Christ.

- Hit the "pause" button, and get closer to God.


8th- Tuesday’s post:  #93 The Devil's Corner
C. Peter Wagner
10th- Thursday's post:  #94  Back to Argentina
C. Peter Wagner
12th- Saturday's post:  The Power of Praying for Each Other
Kathy Cheek
13th- Sunday evening's post: Oh, How I Need Your Wisdom, Lord     Lee Forbes



A popular post:  A Lesson From a Donkey 
Nadia Ianakieva tells us, the story of a 
donkey, and the lesson she learned.

"You need to learn from the old donkey! The thought churned in my mind. I’d lost my job, felt discouraged, and turned to God..."  

The Ball Brothers "I Shall Know Him"  (song)


No comments:

Post a Comment