Thursday, November 12, 2015

#112 The Pitfall of Fear



C. Peter Wagner: "Many Christian leaders are inwardly fearful of engaging the enemy on the higher levels. 

They hear what happened to the likes of Doris Wagner after warfare in Argentina, or Larry Lea after San Francisco, and they decide they don't want that sort of thing happening to them.

The fear is rarely expressed openly because there is good reason no to admit it.

First, these leaders are well aware that Jesus has defeated the enemy once for all as I have mentioned many times previously, and they know they need not doubt who will win the war.

Secondly, they believe that perfect love casts out all fear and "He who fears has not been made perfect in love" ( John 4:18). Admitting fear could be regarded as admitting a lack of love, and that is something few leaders are prepared to do.

One leader who did admit his hear is Floyd McClung of Youth With a Mission. He tells how he used to evade questions concerning the devil by saying "Satan loves sin, fear, and attention. I will not give him any of the three."

But then after doing this once too often, the Holy Spirit convicted him and he humbled himself before the Lord.

God spoke to him inwardly saying, 

    "I am disappointed in your response. You have little 
     knowledge of the demonic realm and no authority 
     over Satan as did my disciples many years ago. Your 
     answer reflected your own fears."

This word from the Lord turned him around. He confessed that he was responding to the questions in fear, "a well-disguised fear dressed up in theological terms, but fear nonetheless. I may have fooled some people, but not the Lord."

What was McClung's problem? "I was afraid of extremism. I was afraid of the unknown."

During the Middle East crisis of the early 1990s, some Americans formed "anti-war movements" in an attempt to break the nation's determination to carry out a just war.

Rick Joyner sees a similar phenomenon among Christian leaders. He says,

   "There is a very subtle spiritual anti-war movement
     that the enemy would use to derail the church's resolve
     in spiritual warfare."


In Joyner's opinion,

   "The spiritual anti-war is rooted in idealism and is 
     combined with a subtle fear of the enemy."

Although we should respect the power of the enemy, we should not fear it. This leads me to the next pitfall..." 

(Next Tuesday's post of  #113 The Pitfall of Understanding the Enemy).

Google image and my emphasis added)



#112 The Pitfall of Fear
By C. Peter Wagner
(pp. 185-186) Regal Books





    Father, please enable me to pray effective and wise prayers, as I want to be used in combating the Enemy's advancements in our area.
    May we listen to Your Holy Spirit's guidance in what we pray, and to not be afraid of what may happen to us, knowing You're well able to protect us.
    May we be used to pray for our church leaders, as they press forward to do Your Kingdom'a work.
    I ask this in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Pray for your pastor: "Pray that your pastor will focus on the Word of God and walk in the fear of the Lord
—rather than fear of man—as he prepares his messages. Pray that he will seek to please God rather than men, and pursue holiness rather than the praise of men. (Acts 6:4; Prov. 19:23; 2 Tim. 2:15; Heb. 11:6; 2 Tim. 4:1-2)

Today’s Bible verses: Ecc. 12:13 b "Fear God and keep His commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."

Is. 41:10, 13 "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."

Ps. 27:1 "The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?"

Today’s quote: Jamie Fernandez Garrido: "All God wants from us is to follow His plans. He will sort out the rest. In His mighty hands, you can be a blessing to others." (Our Daily Bread 11/6/15)

Some thoughts today: When do we need Jesus? Answer: Right now! He is our everything, or should be. We can't even breathe without His help...the benefit of abiding in Him gives confidence that He's watching and helping us.

~ When we know our place in Christ as our Savior, it will be very hard to be deceived into thinking He doesn't care, or that He is unaware of our present need.

~ Why do you believe in Jesus? Is He changing you? Are you falling on His righteousness? Your emotions can divert you away from truth. Remember: Satan wants to shake your faith.

                               ~
Please check out Samples of Jean's Crafts to see the framed Real Flower arrangements that The TAUNY Center in Canton, NY. They are presently show-casing local artist's work. This is a special time of the year when artists are invited to bring their larger works in. I'm honored to have been judged and accepted!

I have three at The Frame Mill in Potsdam, NY, 13 Market 
St., next to Jerrabi's, a very popular cafe. 
My granddaughter, Anastasia Cody, of Ana's Bakery  
iMadrid, has daily pastries there, and you'll find locally-ground coffee!                                           ~                                                  

14th- Saturday’s post:  Good Morning, Lord                                            Lisa Buffaloe                                                         
15th- Sunday evening's post:  Explode Mode
Andrea Merrell
17th- Tuesday's post:  #113 The Pitfall of Understanding the Enemy   C. Peter Wagner
19th- Thursday's post:  #114 The Pitfall of Spiritual Arrogance         C. Peter Wagner


A popular post:  Have You Known Rejection? Jean Oathout shares some experiences with us today of rejection, and their effects on her. "When I was young I was violated, leaving me afraid to be around boys and men. 

It wasn't until I was 39, when I heard Bob Larson talking with a woman on the radio about her abuse, that I realized why I was the way I was..."

No comments:

Post a Comment