Sunday, February 7, 2016

God is Everywhere



Frances Gregory Pauch shares her thoughts with us today in three short poems from her book, Heavenly Treasures, a Collection of Poetry.


God Is Everywhere

He's the smile on a face...
A note in the mail.
The breeze on the ocean
That propels a sail.
Food in the pantry...
Wood on the fire. 
Shoes on our feet...
Words that inspire.
Let's not get so busy
That we miss all His signs...
They're His way of blessing
Both your days and mine.


Focusing On Jesus

Today my mind is cluttered 
With unimportant things...
Forgetting all the blessings
That loving Jesus brings.

Letting things take up my time
That really aren't worthwhile
Makes me very negative
And robs me of my smile.

So if I want his perfect peace
I'll take my eyes off me,
And keep in mind his promise,
"My grace is sufficient for thee."


A Second Chance

Thank You, Lord, for giving me
A chance to start anew...
To change my ways and focus
My attention onto You.

For I was searching elsewhere
For happiness and peace,
And up 'til now I never found
 A love like You release.

By Frances Gregory Pauch
Copyright 1996
 devotions and poetry 

(Google image and my emphasis added)


   Father, may we see our need today, to focus on Jesus, and to clear our minds of unnecessary concerns, giving them to Him.
   May the joy of our salvation become prominent in our lives, as we seek to please You.
   I ask this in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

Today’s Bible verse: Ps. 42:8 "Yet the LORD will command his lovingkindness in the daytime, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life."

Today’s quotes: "Grace, like water, descends to the lowest part. Streams of mercy flow. We begin with God and ask what part we can play in His work on earth. With this new starting point for prayer, our perceptions change. We look at nature and see the signature of the grand Artist. We look at human beings and see individuals of eternal destiny made in God's image. Thanksgiving and praise surge up to Him as a natural response." Philip Yancey

                 "Dear Lord, I praise you for loving and caring 
              for me so much. What would I ever do without You?

              Prayer channels God's supply to our needs."
ODB 1/7/16

"Are we hiding behind the doctrine of God's omnipresence, that he is everywhere around the globe, especially 'where two or three are gathered together'...to the point that we don't seriously ask and expect to see him work with power in our lives here and now?

Shouldn't we expect to see him in action once in a while? Shouldn't we implore him to manifest himself? Moses did. Joshua did. Elijah did. Elisha did. Peter did. Philip did. Paul did. Shouldn't we?

God will manifest himself in direct proportion to our passion for him. The principle he laid down long ago is still true: 'You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart; (Jer. 29:13). 

O God, split the heavens and come down! Manifest yourself somehow. Do what only you can do." (p.153 of Jim Cymbala's Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire)


"We can find comfort in the fact that God sees. The Lord is everywhere—all the time. The Bible confirms His vision is omnipresent. He sees us. He sees all things. His eyes are in a continual state of motion. The God who sees me." by karentfriday  God—What Big Eyes You Have!

~ Our goal in life must be an absolute surrender to God’s holy will.  Neil Vermillion

9th- Tuesday’s post by Wesley L. Duewel-
   #15 The Glory of Prevailing Prayer

11th- Thursday's post by Wesley L. Duewel-
   #16 Prayerlessness Is Sin

13th- Saturday's post by Sharon Jaynes-
         How to Revamp Your Quiet Time 

14th- Sunday evening's post by Lee Forbes-
    We'll One Day Split the Sky!


A popular post: Lord I Want to Know You More  "Lord I want to know you more, than just a figment of the mind, I want to know you in a way, that I will let Your light shine.
I hear others talk about the intimacy they have..."
From GodVine








1 comment: