Saturday, February 6, 2016

Change the Way You Look at You




Max Lucado: "Unnoticed? Neglected? Ignored? Not even close—to how God sees you! 

If you’re feeling unnoticed and under-appreciated, take a look at how God sees you as recorded in 1 Peter 2:9: 

   “You are a chosen people, royal priests,
     a holy nation, a people for God’s own
     possession.”

 Or how about this description from Isaiah 61:10:  

   "He has covered me with clothes of salvation
    and wrapped me with a coat of goodness,
    like a bridegroom dressed for his wedding,
    like a bride dressed in jewels."

When your self-esteem sags—remember what you’re worth! 

Remember that you were bought with a price, not with something that ruins like gold or silver, but with the precious blood of Christ, the pure and perfect lamb. 

Remember that! 
    Meditate on it! 
        Focus on it! 

Allow God’s love to change the way you look at—you!"

(Used by permission. Google image and my emphasis added)

UpWords from Max Lucado

Change the Way You Look at You


Listen to UpWords with Max Lucado at OnePlace.com

Today’s Bible verse: Hebrews 11:1 
"Now Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." 

Today’s quote: "What if God wants to use the strains, stains and disappointments we face to refine us – restore us – strengthen us – and to draw us to His side in the desperation?

What if God’s plan is to teach us to know Him in new ways as we struggle to hear, to hope, and to heal?

What if instant healing or quick answers would rob me of greater depth?

If I always get what I hope for right away and can always see clearly, then how will my faith grow?" 

Gwen Smith from Please Make the Pain Go Away 
January 12, 2016 (Check out her post for the entire message)
www.GirlfriendsInGod.com

For My Stay-At-Home Mom Friends

By JillSavage on Jan 12, 2016 05:52 am
downloadToday’s post is a message of encouragement for at-home moms from Donna Otto
Donna was a keynote speaker at our Hearts at Home conferences in the early years. 
Her books, including Loving Life As An At-Home Mom, were a source of encouragement for me during the twenty years I spent as a mother at home.
Donna’s words today will encourage you if you’re an at-home mom.  If you’re a work-at-home mom, you might enjoy this post and if you’re a working mom, you will find this post just what you need!.."


   Father, I see that Your image of me is different than what mine has been.
   Open my understanding as to the value I am to You, and what it is that You're planning for my life, that it will count.
   As I check out the links on this post, may I be reminded of the help that's available to me to become a better person in the position I find myself in.
   I ask for this in Jesus' Name, and for His glory and honor. Amen.

Through the Fire  Debbie McEwen's blog post 1/31/16  (Excellent!)

7th- Sunday evening's post by 
Frances Gregory Pauch-
    God is Everywhere  

9th- Tuesday's post by Wesley L. Duewel-  
   #15  The Glory of Prevailing Prayer 

11th- Thursday's post by Wesley L. Duewel- 
   #16 Prayerlessness is Sin        

13th- Saturday's post by Sharon Jaynes-       How to Revamp Your Quiet Time


A popular post: 
           By Lee Forbes

"Created for a purpose

That no other one can fill
To share the love of Jesus Christ

As God in you instilled..."



 Some Basic Truths About Who You are in Christ 
Jill Savage gives  us 
basic truths taken from 
Ephesians 1–3

 "They are some basic truths about who you are in Christ that can be used to counteract Satan’s lies.  This is your true ID in God’s eyes!.."


No comments:

Post a Comment