Sunday, November 16, 2014

My Heart Shouts for Joy

Debbie McEwen shares with us
how she felt one day after a few dark
days:

The dark days come and tempt me to give up
It becomes so difficult to go on at times
Some days hurt so badly
Some days I just want it to stop hurting

I just want to stop being
I don't think I can take any more
Then You tap me on the shoulder
And I turn back to You

You who are always waiting for me to reach out
No matter what has happened
No matter what I have done or haven't done
You are always there


And when I come to You
You sooth my pains
You replace my emptiness with Your love
You are always the light at the end of the tunnel

You find the way to turn things around
You create solutions where none existed
You change my tears of sorrow to tears of pure joy
I delight to be in Your presence

To feel Your love 
You fill my soul
You fill my being with Your love
My heart shouts for joy because You are with me.


(Google images added)

Here is Love, Vast as the Ocean - Robin Mark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8YOPj5TnUM



Pray with me:

   Father, may my prayer come to You each time I find myself in a "dark place".

   I look to Your Word, the Bible, to give me the hope and comfort that I'll need to make it through each of those days.

   Open my heart more to Your grace-giving ability when I am loaded down with doubts or fears.

   Impress upon my heart how You love me, and that You have great concern for me and my well being.

   I ask for this in Jesus' name, Amen.


Today’s Bible verse: Psalm 30:10 "Hear, O LORD, and have mercy on me; LORD, be my helper!

Today’s quotes:
Mary Southerland – “Only God can take the broken pieces of your life and make something beautiful out of each one. He is waiting for you to let go … and trust Him. And you really can trust God. No one loves you like He does.

You may not always understand or even like His process, but you can always trust His heart of love for you.”

Randy Kilgore - "Many of us will face moments when we will wonder if we can go on. If our health fails, if our job disappears, if we lose those closest to us, will be find our relationship with the Lord real enough to keep us pressing forward?

The psalmist reminds us of God's presence and faithfulness (Ps. 30). When he was deeply depressed, he cried out, 'Hear, O LORD, and have mercy on me; LORD, be my helper!' (v10). God gave him healing and comfort (vv.. 2-3).

As believers in Jesus, we will never lack what we need to persevere. The Lord will always be near."

Though tempted and sadly discouraged,
My soul to this refuge will flee
And rest in the blessed assurance,
'My grace is sufficient for thee. - Anon

Faith in an all-sufficient Christ enables us to press on.

Our Daily Bread
11/3/14

Some thoughts today: The gospel is God's provision for salvation.
He wants us to learn what He can do to transform us into Christ's image, (He's in God the Father's image). Romans 1:16

- We're to put our faith in the One who did what was necessary to satisfy God's anger over our sin problem given to us down through our ancestors, originating in Adam and Eve.

- Righteousness can be transferred to us through our faith in what Christ accomplished, and in true heart-felt repentance, so we can become in God's sight, just as though we'd never sinned!


18th- Tuesday’s post: #17 Fruit that Endures
C. Peter Wagner

20th- Thursday's post: #18  The Real Battle is spiritual
C. Peter Wagner

22nd- Saturday's post: 6 of 12 Ways to Love Your Wayward Child  Abraham Piper

23rd- Sunday evening's post: 7 of 12 Ways to Love Your Wayward Child  Abraham Piper

A popular post: Have You known Rejection?
Jean Oathout shares some experiences with us today of rejection, and their effects on her.

"When I was young I was violated, leaving me afraid to be around boys and men. It wasn't until I was 39..." 
  


Samples of Jean's crafts
http://twitter.com/jeanoathout
http://facebook.com/jean.oathout

AuthorsDen.com
Where authors and readers come together!

Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse
Kindle $2.99

Bridal Shower Devotional
Bridal Wisdom for Women

My book in paperback $7.95
Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse

A great gift for someone!

Wisdom for Brides (Christian
Marriage, Counseling, & Help)

No comments:

Post a Comment