Thursday, July 30, 2015

#82 Victims of the Atomic Bomb


C. Peter Wagner: We found two representatives from Hiroshima. 
The first was a man assigned to the military telegraph office 
in Hiroshima, who had been exposed to radioactivity and also had to give first aid to the wounded and remove several corpses.

The second was a woman whose mother-in-law was not physically wounded but who still suffers the psychological effects.

We found two representatives from Nagasaki. The first was a man 
whose wife and sister-in-law were both exposed to radioactivity, and 
the sister-in-law died.

The other was a woman whose mother went to Nagasaki to help 
as a nurse, was burned on her arms, and received secondary radioactivity from which she finally recovered.

After an extensive teaching on strategic-level spiritual warfare 
and remitting the sins of nations with specific application to the evangelization of Japan and the vision for 10 million Japanese Christians by the year 2000, I invited the four to stand by me on 
the platform.

I explained in detail what I was doing, then knelt in humility before the congregation and the four on the platform and begged their forgiveness for my sins and the sins of my fathers.

I wept tears of repentance, and when I looked up, handkerchiefs were  out all over the auditorium. God was doing a powerful, corporate work.

As Pastor Hiroshi Yoshiyama later wrote, 

    "The congregation melted in tears and repentance. We 
      have never had a conference like this before."

      I said, "I used to hate the Japanese people, now I love
      them dearly." 

With an apology for not knowing how to do the proper Japanese bowing on the occasion, I proceeded to give each an American hug.

The Japanese leader who was serving as master of ceremonies then led the congregation in a spontaneous and powerful session of individual and corporate repentance on the part of the Japanese.

They forgave the Americans and then begged forgiveness themselves for what they said were worse sins than the Americans had ever committed.

Paul Yonggi Cho, who as a Korean has his own set of feelings about the Japanese, gave me an american hug and said that he also broke down and cried under the power of the Holy Spirit, feeling that important spiritual victories were won that day.

Needless to say, this was a spiritual experience I will never forget.

(Google image and emphasis added)


#82  Victims of the Atomic Bomb
By C. Peter Wagner
(pg. 137, 138) Regal Books





Now there's an idea!


   Father, may I see my own sins and
repent of them. Open my understanding
as to how really important this is to You, for there are those I have wronged, and I ask for Your help in making things right with them.
   I ask this in Jesus' name. Amen.

Today’s Bible verse: Ps. 86:5 "For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee."

Today’s quote: Ruth Calkins - "I may fall flat on my face; I may fail until I feel old and beaten and done in. Yet your goodness and love is changeless. All the music may go out of my life, my private world may shatter to dust. Even so, you hold me in the palm of your steady hand. No turn in the affairs of my fractured life can baffle you. Satan with all his braggadocio cannot distract you. Nothing can separate me from your measureless love—pain can't, disappointment can't, anguish can't. Yesterday, today, tomorrow can't. The loss of my dearest love can't. Death can't, life can't. Riots, wars, insanity, non-identity, hunger, neurosis, disease—none of these things, not all of them heaped together can budge the fact that I am dearly loved, completely forgiven and forever free through Jesus Christ, your beloved son." (Taken from 
Psalm 23 The song of a Passionate Heartby David Roper  p.136)




                               ~

If you'd like my publisher, Eddie Jones of Lighthouse Publishing of the 
Carolinas to send you my Circle Maker prayer/news letter concerning 
my book, Granny's Guide to Marriage 
in Verse, and my personal activities, please register your email address through this link:  http://eepurl.com/bo1yk1  Thanks! I'll write a letter when I have news of interest.
                            ~

The following is a great and very simple way to contact your representatives to encourage them to defund Planned Parenthood: 
http://albanyupdate.com/connect?vvsrc=%2fcampaigns%2f42008%2frespond  
For those silenced for their organs.


1st-  Saturday’s post:  Put Feet to Our Prayers
Diana Derringer
2nd- Sunday evening's post:  Come Away, My Beloved
Lisa Buffaloe
4th- Tuesday's post:  #83  What Really Happened?
C. Peter Wagner
5th-  Wednesday's post:  #84 The Visible and the Invisible
C. Peter Wagner




A popular post:   Judgmental Opinions  
Jean Oathout shares with us an important 
lesson she is learning. "I found out that my personal opinion isn't worth much to others, when it is given in a judgmental attitude."



No comments:

Post a Comment