Sunday, November 1, 2015

I Don't Deny the Power of God



I don't deny the power of God
Can save the souls of men
But only that this power of God
Should be availed of them 

For God has not a limit placed
On what His grace can do
The limit simply has been placed
On Him by me and you

For everyday He calls to us
To meet Him at His throne
That we might know the power of
His grace by faith alone

But everyday we vacillate
And follow our own will
Instead of letting Him reveal
His source of power still

He spoke the worlds and universe
Into existence here
And then by revelation made
His purpose very clear

That by eternal love He would
Provide a way for man
To be redeemed from all his past
Through God's redemption plan

But first we must cooperate
And let His Spirit in
That we might be delivered from
Our repetitious sins

And find the sweetest peace and joy
The soul has ever known
By bowing every morning on
Our knees before God's throne

To there receive the power that
Our God has promised them
Who will forsake all others who
Will steal their hearts from Him

Who testified of love divine
When on the cross He laid
His body as our sacrifice
That every debt be paid

And even more Christ promised us
His power from above
To every child of God who would
Respond to His great love

By daily finding solace and
The power to renew
Through seasons of refreshing
As our Saviour asked us to

So friend do not despair of all
The evil that you see
But morning after morning
Meet our God on bended knee

And when you've taken time
To let His Spirit in you thrive
Reveal to every soul you meet
The reason you're alive

Is to be an expression
Of the love of God through man
To culminate His purpose
In His great redemption plan

That God is love and that alone
must ever in us be
The purity of Christ alone
Revealed through you and me

Ps. 68:35; Romans 1:16; 
& 1 John 4:16

July 29 




A popular post: What's the Difference Between Excellence and Perfection? A reader asks Jill Savage the following question:

"I’ve read your book No More Perfect Moms. It has been absolutely life-changing for me as I have learned to love my real life.

I have one question, though: What’s the difference between excellence and perfection?.."




     Father, this poem says so much! May 
my heart be committed to You and to the mission You have for me. 
     It appears You love me so much, and that when I take the time to allow Your Spirit in, I'll have the power to share what all You've done for me.
     Help me find the sweetest peace and joy by bowing each day in a time of worship and prayer, and to seek to know You better than I did the day before.
     I know you're not limited, except by each of us, so as I learn what Your grace will do, I ask for You to work in and through me.
     In the Name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

Today’s Bible verse: Ps. 119:18 "Open thou mine eyes, that I say may behold wondrous things out of thy law."

Today’s quote: K. P. Yohannan - Where are the fathers who will stand against this flood of uncleanness and say, 'As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD' (Joshua 24:15)Where are the mothers of Titus 2:3-5, women that 'be in behaviour as becometh holiness,' who 'teach the young women' to live godly lives as well? Where are children who remember to honor and obey their parents?" (Taken from p. 94 of THE ROAD TO REALITY, Coming Home to Jesus from the Unreal World)

Some thoughts today: As you remember your sins, or the sins of others, say "I'm forgiven, and I forgive." Use the memories for fresh thankfulness. Paul did. (see 1 Tim. 1:12-15).


Love believes all things, bears all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love looks beyond the sin and sees our future— God can do through our faith in Jesus.

Love finds a way to nourish us. (see 2 Cor. 1:4-11).

Song sung by Susan McDonald


11/3- Tuesday’s post:  #109 God's Plan of Attack and Timing
C. Peter Wagner
5th- Thursday's post:  #110 Avoiding the Pitfalls
C. Peter Wagner
7th- Saturday's post:  Behind the Hymn: Majesty
Diana Leagh Matthews
8th- Sunday evening's post:  The Most Dangerous Game
James H. Cagle


A popular post:  Jesus Loves Me Diana Leagh Matthews shares with us, ​“Jesus loves me! This I know, for the Bible tells me so. Little ones to Him belong, they are weak but He is strong. Yes, Jesus Loves Me!.."  






1 comment: